Selective Solar Absorber
The selective absorber developed in FBK is a cost effective, highly efficient solution for small scale and medium temperature CSP systems. The nano-technology-based Cermet layer (ceramic-metal) is a 4 layers coating, 1 for anti-reflection in SiO2, 2 for selective solar absorber in TiO2 – Nb and 1 as IR reflecting in Mo.
LEFT: section of the innovative selective solar absorber with evidence of the different layers
RIGHT: absorber coated on the vacuum solar receiver utilized in DIGESPO project, 12 mm external diameter
Advantages & Applications
The selective absorber can be applied to:
- SMALL SCALE CSP systems: modular 1-3 kWe, 3-9 kWth micro Combined Heat and Power (m-CHP).This CSP m-CHP will provide electrical power, heating and cooling for single and multiple domestic dwellings and other small commercial, industrial and public buildings.
- INDUSTRIAL PROCESS HEAT
- SMALL to MEDIUM SIZE CSP FIELDS
Compatible with working temperatures up to 300-325°C. The demonstrated efficiency values are:
- Absorbance: 0,94
- Emissivity: 0,08 at 350°C
- TRL 6 – technology demonstrated in relevant environment (industrially relevant environment in the case of key enabling technologies)
- The technology has been demonstrated for 18 months, installed in a demo plant in Malta, by ARROW PHARMA company, inside full scale solar receivers.
- Patented technology
Reference person: Luigi Crema
Tel. 0461 314922
e-mail: [email protected]
Research Unit ARES: ares.fbk.eu
Research Center CMM: cmm.fbk.eu